Leading International Brands Team Up to Celebrate The Biggest Night in Latin Music®
MIAMI (NOV. 5, 2019) — The Latin Recording Academy® and Univision Communications Inc. announced today the official sponsors for the 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards®. The event will connect leading international brands through innovative programs and campaigns with Latin music fans across multiple platforms, as well as through several on-site experiential activations. The 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards will be broadcast live on Univision from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Nov. 14 from 8 –11 p.m. ET/PT.
"We are thankful to have our longtime partners back again this year and happy to welcome some new partners who understand the value of engaging with fans live and across platforms," said Gabriel Abaroa Jr., President/CEO of The Latin Recording Academy. "Their support allows us to continue elevating the stature of Latin music internationally and to make a positive impact on the Latin community worldwide by highlighting both emerging and established artists who are recognized for excellence in their craft."
Returning sponsors include Bulova, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Mastercard, McDonald's, Nissan, and Walmart. Mastercard is now a global sponsor after participating for the past few years as a sponsor in Latin America. Hennessy and Mondelēz International join as new sponsors.
"We are thrilled to collaborate with our partners once again to deliver innovative executions across the Univision media portfolio for The Biggest Night in Latin Music®," said Steve Mandala, president of advertising sales and marketing at Univision Communications Inc. "Music is a driving force in uniting the Hispanic community, and continues to serve as a powerful vehicle for engaging this passionate and growing audience. We thank our sponsors for recognizing this unique opportunity and look forward to honoring the best and brightest artists on Latin music’s most celebrated night. "
Following are details on how each brand is supporting the 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards:
- Bulova: To commemorate the milestone 20th anniversary year, Bulova has created a jewelry line and a special edition Latin GRAMMY® watch inspired by the last 20 years of excellence in Latin music. During Latin GRAMMY week, Bulova will sponsor the Official Backstage Talent Gift Lounge. Bulova will also be Presenting Sponsor of the Best New Artist Ceremony gifting the nominees a special-edition Latin GRAMMY Bulova timepiece on the Latin Academy Person of the Year red carpet, as well as gifting a one-of-a-kind Bulova watch to the 2019 Person of the Year honoree, Juanes. Finally, in honor of Bulova's emblematic History of Firsts, they are partnering with The Latin Recording Academy to gift all first-time Latin GRAMMY winners a special edition watch to mark the milestone.
- Hennessy: Hennessy is this year's Official Spirits partner and will be celebrating throughout Latin GRAMMY week with specialty cocktails highlighting the diverse range of their portfolio. In addition, they will be Presenting Sponsor of the annual Best New Artist Nominees Cocktail Reception, where this year's class will be gifted a limited-edition, custom-engraved Hennessy bottle during the private celebration.
- Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority: The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority returns for the 12th year as the official host city in addition to sponsoring star-studded events, including the 2019 Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year™ gala, the 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards, and the Official Latin GRAMMY After-Party.
- Mastercard: This returning sponsor continues to grow its partnership with The Latin Recording Academy with a truly global sponsorship through which it will share Priceless Surprises with consumers, including a private meet and greet with a 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY nominee and their VIP guests in Las Vegas. The brand will also integrate their new mogo (musical logo anthem) at key touchpoints during Latin GRAMMY week. Guests will have the opportunity to listen to Mastercard's sonic branding, including their rendition of the mogo Latin anthem, which will be organically integrated into musical experiences throughout the week of celebrations.
- McDonald's: McDonald’s is returning for the 12th consecutive year to continue its celebration of Hispanic culture and heritage. This year, McDonald's has created a platform to allow people to say "Thank You" to those who have contributed to and helped on their journey to achieving their goals and dreams. Inspired by stories of McDonald's National HACER Scholarship winners, artists, students, and fans will be encouraged to thank their supporters using #HACERproud through a unique bright light mural, where those visiting the Latin GRAMMY Backstage Gift Lounge will be able to scribe their message of gratitude. The brand will also highlight stories of past McDonald's HACER® National Scholarship recipients through custom segments on Despierta América, on-air integrations, and social media amplification. Following the Latin GRAMMY Awards, McDonald's will thank fans by hosting the highly anticipated Noche Latina After-After Party at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino's The Joint, where they will be able to enjoy a live performance by one of today’s hottest Latin artists and enjoy crave-able and delicious menu items.
- Mondelēz International: As the official cookie, cracker, candy, and gum sponsor, first-time partner Mondelēz International will highlight its snack portfolio during key events of Latin GRAMMY week. During the red carpet pre-show, the company will team up with Latin GRAMMY nominee and official brand ambassador Sebastián Yatra for a special surprise medley performance of his biggest hits. The company's iconic snack brands will be visible throughout the week as part of signature events, including the 2019 Leading Ladies Entertainment luncheon, the 2019 Latin Academy Person of the Year gala, and the Official Latin GRAMMY After-Party.
- Nissan: As the official automotive sponsor for the fifth year, Nissan will feature the 2020 Nissan Rogue and Nissan Intelligent Mobility at the "House of Innovation." This experiential activation, located on the Brooklyn Bridge at the iconic New York-New York Hotel in Las Vegas, provides fans with an immersive experience to celebrate Latin music through the lens of technology. Nissan is also offering fans a VIP experience to the 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards through national sweepstakes. Additionally, the brand will transport the 2019 Latin Academy Person of the Year honoree, Juanes, in the 2020 Nissan Altima to the 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards Official Red Carpet.
- Walmart: Walmart returns for the 10th year as the Official Retail partner, promoting its "Deal Drop" campaign and celebrating the retailer's biggest holiday deals. In addition, the brand will host an interactive activation at the 2019 Latin Academy Person of the Year cocktail reception where guests will have an opportunity to win a Walmart gift card.
A very limited number of tickets for the 20th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards are still available for purchase at www.axs.com.
For more information and the latest news, please visit the official Latin Recording Academy website at LatinGRAMMY.com. Follow us on Facebook (LatinGRAMMYs), Twitter (@LatinGRAMMYs), or Instagram (@LatinGRAMMYs). Use #LatinGRAMMY on your favorite social media platforms.
ABOUT THE LATIN RECORDING ACADEMY:
The Latin Recording Academy is an international, membership-based organization comprised of Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking recording artists, musicians, songwriters, producers, and other creative and technical recording professionals. The organization is dedicated to improving the quality of life and cultural condition for Latin music and its makers. In addition to producing the Latin GRAMMY Awards to honor excellence in the recorded arts and sciences, The Latin Recording Academy provides educational and outreach programs for the Latin music community. For more information about The Latin Recording Academy, please visit LatinGRAMMY.com.
ABOUT UNIVISION COMMUNICATIONS INC.:
As the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers U.S. Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television, audio and digital platforms. The company’s top-rated media portfolio includes the Univision and UniMás broadcast networks, as well as cable networks Galavisión and TUDN, the No. 1 Spanish-language sports network in the country. Locally, Univision owns or operates 65 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Additionally, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, encompasses 58 owned or operated radio stations, a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The company’s prominent digital assets include Univision.com, streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.
The Latin Recording Academy